Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Whenever I hear that a video game or a comic that I like is being made into a live-action movie, I am always excited, but when I actually see the movie, I am left disappointed. Such was the case for Watchmen, Kickass, and that which must not be named, Dragonball Z. However, I was not disappointed when I saw Prince of Persia, I even saw it twice.


Even though the plot of the movie is different to the game, I still liked the movie because the main aspects of the game remained. For instance, all the combat scenes that the prince was in, involved tons of acrobatics. Plus the chemistry between the prince and the princess was similar to the game in that they were constantly arguing until the end, where they realize they love each other, cliche.

The invasion at the beginning of the movie reminded me a lot of Assassin's Creed because of the perch scene. Also, the invasion showed some cool camera angles reminiscent of the game where the player is shown what they need to do to progress. The 1st fight in the invasion between the prince, Dastan, and the royal guardian of the dagger was amazing. I felt like I was watching an HD cutscene from the game.

I was amazed this mourning to find out that the movie can in second to Shrek and only made 37 million. So, I read some reviews from critics and could not understand why so many people dislike the movie. So what is the cast was mostly white? Who did people expect to play the prince, the guy from Slumdog Millionaire (zuko = roflcopter) ? I felt that the cast did a good job, Jake Gyllenhaal was believable as the prince.
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment